Camera Simulator

This forum is for discusion of BitFlow's Road Runner and R3 products, both Camera Link and Differential versions.

Moderator: BFSupport

Camera Simulator

Postby jmclarty » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi,

I am trying to find information on ways to simulate a camera by using pre-captured images.

I have an environment where I have to test a computer that has a Camera Link or LVDS card but do not have access to a camera to feed it images. We use a 3rd party decoding software to handle the images, I just need a way to use pre-captured images instead of live images.

I noticed within the sysreg setup, there is a camera called "real, camera simulator" R2CLDynFixDiag.rcl that is available, but I am not sure what that will do or how to utilize that.

Any information or direction of documentation is appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh
jmclarty

Postby BFSupport » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:30 am

The "R2CLDynFixDiag.rcl " file is for an camera simulator that we use here in production. It is proprietary and not for sale. In fact it would not be all that useful as it is designed to make sure the boards are manufactured correctly, and not much else.

The boards can produce a synthetic image, for the R2/R3 family, the camera configuration files are usually called "BFSynt256E1.*" If you used SysReg to attach these camera files to your board, it will provide simple ramp images.

Another option is to buy a camera simulator from Vivid Engineer:

http://www.vividengineering.com/

They make a wide variety of camera simulators which are fully programmable.
BFSupport

Thank you

Postby jmclarty » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:39 am

Thank you,

I will take a look at those config files.
jmclarty

Return to Road Runner/R3